In this episode, I find out what it takes for scaling multi million businesses organically with Dan Norris – serial entrepreneur, award-winning content marketer, international speaker and the author of 5 number 1 Amazon best selling business books.
It was years ago I first read 7-day Startup and that book was literally the roadmap for me launching my first business. So I was super excited to have Dan on the show.
Dan has grown multiple businesses without spending money on marketing. I wanted to dive into this to provide a different perspective – Dan’s philosophy is one of building assets over time vs leads in the short term. Listen in to find out why your marketing should focus on long-term asset-building, rather than short term quick wins.
My key takeaways from this episode:
- The old-school, ugly funnel businesses have limited days
- Ask the question: WHAT IS THIS WORTH? Vs HOW MUCH DID I MAKE TODAY?
- How Dan used his founding story to grow his initial audience for WP Curve
- Focus on these questions:
- How do I get clients? What is my funnel? (Map it out and why it’s important)
- How do I build my audience? How do I generate leads? How do I get customers?