Growing up I was massively into sports & athleticism and I believe that the skills & mindset required in sport is the exact same as business.
So in this episode, I talk to Hannah Miley, a triple Olympian, double Commonwealth Champion AND a World and European Champion medalist.
I wanted her to come on the show so we can learn what it takes to be an athlete at the top of their game – and how we, as entrepreneurs, can take advantage of that.
My key takeaways from this episode:
- How to turn the lowest lows into the highs
- How to logically deal with lows:
- Bit of paper with the things you can control and the things you can’t – then destroy the can’t control
- Understanding it WILL get better
- Be honest with yourself and analyse what happened. Choose 1 thing that went well and 1 thing that didn’t. Then ask: how to improve the thing that didn’t?
- The importance of routine
- Understanding what your definition of success is with everything you do
- How to goal set like an Olympian (using things such as process goals)
- Importance of marginal gains